Monday 20 July 2015

"Wild Lace" . . . planted.


These two cream Victorian lace flowers were hand embroidered 130 years ago . . how wild is that ! They are the main elements in this embroidery piece.


I choose as a background some silk I eco dyed with petals, leaves and a little rust.
I liked the soft pinks from the roses and the dark deep browns and purples from the rust.


I also like to ‘anchor’ my embroidery onto 3mm natural felt as a neutral base - it is also a dream to embroider into. I made a fabric collage on the silk with Victorian cream flowers, a little strip of Edwardian lace and some small script cotton print.


I ‘grew’ extra elements from the lace flowers with stem stitch and couching.


A few seed beads, lots of French knots and more stitched tall flowers to make a wild meadow. I added some Victorian black netting to link the dark and the light areas.


.  .  .  and so the two old lace flowers have a new wild home.


The finished embroidery is stitched to a deep 20cm x 20cm grey canvas.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Hương Lâm chuyên cung cấp bán máy photocopy và dịch vụ cho thuê máy photocopy giá rẻ, uy tín TP.HCM với dòng máy photocopy toshiba và dòng máy photocopy ricoh uy tín, giá rẻ.

    ReplyDelete