Monday 2 July 2012

I got it covered . . .

I’m always on the look out for interesting buttons to use on my fabric cuffs.
Often it is difficult to find just the right look.
So I have started to make my own ‘new/old’ ones using antique and vintage lace.
I have recently added some to my etsy shop.

It got me excited about the whole ‘button’  idea - a small capsule dip of design - like a mini painting. I love that you can add a detailed designer button to a plain top or bag and make it unique.

I now want to experiment with embroidery on linen and also on antique lace and to have a section in queenofcuffs for them.


These first covered buttons are made onto a silver tone metal button base -  first a layer of modern cotton and then over that some beautiful pale cream antique 1910 lace.



More buttons this time with lovely pale pink antique c1920 open net lace. It is only a little bit pink and looks very stylish. They make a wonderful statement and are a nice big size.


Hope to be adding some embroidered buttons soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment